At [url removed, login to view] we are building a Web2.0 travel guide with a responsible mindset, collaboratively sourced from users and travellers around the world. And we're not just talk about being responsible: at least 50% of our net profits will go into environmental, social and cultural projects.
We are a 100% remote team around the world working on the initial beta which has been silently launched and needs your support to get off the ground. We are a small, open-minded and dedicated team and are looking for people who can work independently at the workplace of their choice - be it a beach in Bali, a cafe in Rio de Janeiro or your bedroom in Prague (due to time zone problems we can not consider Australia and New Zealand).
PLEASE RESPECT: WE DO NOT CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM IT-SERVICES COMPANIES!
Your tasks include:
- Advanced usage of Google maps
- Integration of third party widgets into our web site
- Interaction with remote APIs through JSON
- Creation of widgets for third party web sites
- Social network widgets (Facebook, MySpace, ...)
- Expirience with prototypeJS
- Ideally experience with Facebook JS API and OpenSocial
- Ideally you have a degree in computer science, and in any case a high degree of structured thinking
- You know and use Web 2.0 applications (e.g. APIs, mashups), ideally you programmed in the field of web 2.0
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Ideally remote work experience, at least you have the ability to work with people from other countries, cultures, languages and belief structures
- You share our environmental, social and cultural friendly mindset
Location: remote work at your preferred location
Time horizon: minimum 12 months, preferable long-term