Are you a master of openCV?
Can you easily detect the skew angle and rotate the image properly? (The documents are either slightly rotated (about +/- 0-30°))
Do you know how to change page orientation to have readable text?
Do you know how to despeckle scanned images?
Do you know how to read qr-codes?
Do you know how to detect logos on images?
You have many yes answers?
Great, please go on reading...
What do we need in this job from you?
Take this sample Test case [url removed, login to view]
and finalize the class to rotate the images in the PDF [url removed, login to view]
You decide if you do a manually export of the PDF pages or if you do it also via java-code. For this task we are fine to see your work is doing the job on already manually exported PNG images. (please share them here on first delivery!)
Looks pretty easy? Yes it is, we want to see you basic openCV skills before we assign you the rest of the task.
- [url removed, login to view]'s javacv-platform lib
- [url removed, login to view]'s openpdf lib (if needed)
- [url removed, login to view]'s pdfbox lib (if needed)
- any Spring lib
Our payment plan are fixed to the delivery of this milestones:
#1 (40% payment)
- provide us full working implementation as source (see also later: in our git repository, no zip file or binary file deliveries are accepted!)
#2 (60% payment)
- after our finished tests (can take up to 14 workdays)
#3 (20% bonus)
- if you deliver in time (less than 3 days) and in quality (10% delivered milestones in time and 10% delivered in quality, means without any issues, which are easily to find with simple tests and code reviews). If you exeed the timeframe over the double amount also the quality bonus goes to 0%
answer us the questions placed in your application.
Your delivered artifacts have to be:
- the full source code with JDK8 features (e.g. preferably annotations, if possible)
- a fully working [url removed, login to view] to build, test and run the application
- a fully working [url removed, login to view] to build the application as a single jar (embedded all jar inside this single jar)
- a delivery of all sources has to be done in our a selfhosted gitlab (git repository and issue tracking). We will share the access after we award you the project
- all features of JavaSE and JavaEE standards are allowed
- preferably already solved problems like in apache commons is strongly recommended
- additional libs need to be mentioned prior usage to avoid licensing issue
- spring is restricted for this project
- your code will pass standard checks in findbugs, checkstyle and PMD
Your delivered artifacts will run with/in:
- Eclipse Oxygen with 5 mandatory plugins shared in the repo README (we do not test no Netbeans nor Idea IntelliJ!)
- Maven 3.2
- oracle jdk8 version 111 or newer
We do not want to waste your time, so do not waste ours. Provide us all answers to our job description in your job application. Also do now wait to see us online, we will respond on any question regarding the job description or for clearance of unclear requirements.
Before not having your prove of expertise: we will not respond on queries about budget nor on queries to get us into a discussion about anything else as the requirements
Budgets and rates
Place your offer independently of our offer. We do not disclose our budget nor do we disclose our rates which we are willing to pay. Please note we do not discuss about budgets. We talk about the time you need and the payment you get for this time and knowledge. So share us the costs you will have in your proposal and we will respond if the offer is reasonable.
(We have developers aboard with more than 20y of Java experience, so we are able to see reasonable offers...)