A Texas Hold’em poker-calculator developed for two reasons; the program itself as a pokertool and as learning-example for programmers with mediocre experience in java.
• Elements in the educational part:
1. Beside the real code, I also want documentation on prep code and test code
2. The real code must be full of comments (//), especially elements that are considered to be on an advanced level must be well explained
3. Flowchart (the general flow of the program)
• A duplex calculator - spec:
1. Calculate the probability of winning the round against opponents
a) Select holecards (including random) for up to 10 players. The user may select holecards in different ways:
1) Type the cards directly into the cells
2) Select from a carddeck by clicking on the deck
3) Select a type of hand like; pair, better than JJ, 32 unsuited. To make this work you have implement a two-card strength chart. (You find an excellent example of a chart at [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] use a similar chart and their software-solution is very good.)
b) Select cards on the board (flop and turn (and river))
c) Select dead cards
d) Calculate odds for win, tie and lose based on two methods; enumerate all and montecarlo (user get to choose method)
2. Calculate the probability of completing a hand. Select hole-cards, board-cards, dead-cards and calculate the odds of making each of the ranked poker hands (straight flush, 4ofakind, full house, flush, straight, 3ofakind, 2pair, pair and high card).
• Good looking interface (GUI, Swing…)
Examples at [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]
Feel free to suggest improvements!
Looking for a programmer who is:
1. Experienced – if bidding, please be prepared to show me your previous work
2. Familiar with the logistics of poker
3. Having good educational qualities (writes good comments etc.)
Delivery within 16 days.