We search for a expert to implement a email validation of a list of email addresses.
As a result of the validation we need as much as possible details about the given e-mail. The goal is to reduce the manual effort of a call center by knowing if the given e-mail address is a valid or invalid one. Also it would be nice to know what type of error was the result of the e-mail validation.
As a input you will get a XLSX list. Your implementation shall be in Apache POI and the column containing the e-mail address shall be configurable by a the column header name. (we provide already the cmd line parsing and integration for you, your job is only to handle the POI/Excel)
We do not need a database, since we have a custom implementation. BUT your model classes have to properly designed to be later able to use it easily with a custom persistence layer. To ensure you are not a simple poster please add the result of seven power two on top of your application.
As a result we expect to get a updated Excel file with the new columns which you need to provide for the end user to understand the status of the phone number validation.
Ensure that your implementation has a component for XLSX reading, one for e-mail validation and one for XLSX writing. Ensure the components are independently usable!
We prefer for e-mail Java Standards.
As a runtime environment we expect to be runnable on:
- in JavaEE 7 (wildfly 10)
- Java 8
As the development environment we expect:
- Eclipse Neon (no Netbeans, no Idea)
Your delivery artefacts are:
- eclipse full project(s) incl. configurations and settings (provided already)
- the full source code
- a fully working [url removed, login to view] to build the application as a single & runnable jar (provided already)
- an proguard obfuscated single and runnable jar (with maven), so no one can easily access the code by reverse engineering
- we share you a git source repository for delivering the milestones (provided already)
What we do not want:
- any public (web/rest) service which is doing the work. We want to have the data extraction fully in our code and on our machine running.
With your application provide us following details:
- delivery date for milestone 1
- a list in excel of statuses collected for the later e-mail validation (e.g. reg-ex failed, DNS wrong, SMTP command validation failed, SMTP sending, SMTP graylisting, ...)
- working POI implementation to read the email column
- delivery date for milestone 2
- working e-mail validation, no extraction of validation results into XLSX
- delivery date for milestone 3
- working validation extraction and implemented XLSX writing
Helpful information and readings may be this:
Validation steps at least are required to test this:
- e-mail syntax (regex or library)
- the email against a list of bad email addresses (regex and for now hard coded bad e-mail addresses in a List<String>())
- the domain against a list of bad domains (regex and for now hard coded bad domains in a List<String>())
- a list of mailbox-only domains (regex) (regex and for now hard coded mailbox domains in a List<String>())
- whether or not the domain exists (DNS check)
- whether there are MX records for the domain (DNS check)
- through SMTP status codes whether or not a mailbox exists (SMTP status check)
- through SMTP message sending (SMTP check)
- overcome Greylisting (SMTP check)
for more details about existing code and examples:
[url removed, login to view]
16 freelancere byder i gennemsnit €196 på dette job
I have been a Java developer the past 8 years. I am into J2SE and J2EE. I have strong knowledge in most the things being talked about in the description