In the shrimp farming industry, a shrimp farm consists of a collection of ponds. Each pond is full of water (usually brackish). The shrimp are stocked in to the pond when they are small, given feed and allowed to grow in size considerably before they are harvested.
Your task is to design and implement a simple web application which allows a shrimp farmer to create a new shrimp farm as well as a collection of ponds in this farm. Don’t worry about the shrimp yet, just focus on the farm and the ponds. There is no “right answer” and there are many ways to do this. We’re mostly interested in what choices you make and the discussion we may have later over zoom about your assignment. Please don’t spend too much time on this. We’re not looking for a production-ready app. So feel free to prioritize your time on the different architectural aspects of the assignment as you see fit. Although ideally, your assignment will contain some sort of web UI, a REST API, and a data store.
- User should be able to create/update/delete farms
- User should be able to create/update/delete ponds
- A farm can have any attributes you think are necessary but should have at least a name attribute which the user can modify
- A pond can have any attributes you think are necessary but should have at least name and size (in hectares) attributes which the user can modify
- Your UI should display somewhere the total size of a farm in hectares based on the size of the ponds contained therein. It should call an endpoint in your REST API to retrieve this farm size.
- Your project should be a public github repository
- Submit your project to us by sending us the link to your github repo
- It’s not necessary to host this web application anywhere (although you can if you like). Just make sure your repo has a [login to view URL] which contains any instructions we might need for running your project.
6 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $48 på dette job
Hello, I'm a Java expert, I'm in this field for 5+ years, I can make your assignment, I can start working immediately, Feel free to ask me anything, Thank you.