We need someone to create an application to be installed on our clients' workstations. Our clients are large corporations, the software much be professional and the install process must be simple and hassle-free.
The application can leverage existing open-source programs or libraries but we need to verify the licensing.
When responding, please describe any experience or specific knowledge that you have about screen capture, screen casting or related technology (e.g. spyware) specifically. We already have developers who can do general programming. We are specifically looking for someone who understands the area.
Create video file (format must be something that can be opened and played by Windows Media Player, AVI preferred for now) of screen activity during an agent's calls. The video file is to be "blended" with audio to create synchronized audio/video file.
High Level Requirements:
1) Create a client program that will be installed on the agent's workstation and capture screen information, then send to a central collection server for further processing. The screen information should be such that a video file can be easily and accurately created. The resulting video file must preserve the time interval of the recorded data accurately, since it will be synchronized to another recorded audio file.
2) The client program must be undetectable to the agent. That is, the operation of the client program can not interfere with the operation of other applications on the workstation and cannot affect the agents screen (e.g. no flicker, pause, etc.)
3) The information available on the data sent to the central collection server must allow for identification of the workstation.
4) Program must be developed in either Java or C++.
5) Resulting data at central server will be queried by workstation, date, time and duration to identify the screens and video file created from result of query.
- Agent: person taking calls whose activity is being recorded
- client: program running on workstation of client
- workstation: PC of agent. Assumed to be Windows XP or Windows 7
Captures frames up to 5 frames per second
Configurable resolution with these choices:
* 4 Bit Gray scale
* 8 Bit gray scale
* 16 Bit gray scale
* 32 Bit gray scale
* 4 Bit Color
* 8 Bit Color
* 16 Bit Color
* 24 Bit Color
* 32 Bit Color
Undetectable to user
After install, the program starts automatically each time the machine reboots
Install process confirms successful installation to installer
HTTPS transmission from client machine to server
Address of destination server is configurable by IP address
Capture files are sent to server on configurable schedule (every X seconds, from N:NN to Y:YY client time)
Each screen capture has time stamp
Each screen capture transmission has machine name of the client server
Screen capture files are as small as possible within the limits of the resolution selected
Encryption of the screen capture information must be easily implemented. Ideally, the application will encrypt as part of its normal operation.
The following describes additional functionality that would be added to the initial application. This is not part of the initial project but is provided for reference:
1) Capture agent login name (when user logs into workstation)
2) Key logging (log all keystrokes of user)
3) Identify applications in use, active and also the caption at the top of each application window
4) Use Optical character recognition or other technology to identify specific types of screens (e.g. data entry screens by specific function.)
5) Obscure specific areas on screen captures (e.g. to prevent capture of confidential information)
6) Trigger applications (when specific events occur on the screen, send transmission to server to alert for these)
7) Trigger screen capture externally (e.g. when a call starts on the audio recorder, it sends trigger to client to begin recordin
Because of the strong response and the high quality of many of the responses, we want to limit the field some.
Attached is a fuller description of the overall project, which includes both the client and server side of the project. (The client captures the video and sends to the server, the server stores the video and makes it available for query and creates video files based on those queries.
This description is a draft, but close to what we want. Please update your bid to include the creation of the server component.
A couple of additional points:
1) The client program needs to keep the picture files (aka screenshots or snapshots) on the workstation until they are transmitted to the server. When they are transmitted successfully, the picture files need to be deleted from the workstation.
2) Based on bids we've gotten, we think the server has to use a database to keep all the information. So please specify the database you would use. We are familiar with postgres and mySql and prefer postgres.
We'll be narrowing the bids to three within the next 12 hours.
After reading some bids and questions, I think it would be helpful to let you know the following:
1) We already use a product that does what we describe, but it is expensive and we don't need all of its features.
2) The way it operates today is to take snapshots of the screen at 1 frame/second. Those snapshots are bundled together (several frames at a time) and sent to server.
3) Server component stores information about the snapshots (workstation, date, time, etc.)
4) We use API of server to query database and request AVI files to be generated, then we use program we developed to mix our audio files with the AVI file.
I'm aware of other companies who use VNC or VNC-type programs to do this kind of thing successfully. We're not committed to the snapshot idea, but I am not familiar with VNC so I don't understand what is the same and/or different between that and the snapshot approach we use today.
This information is provided so you understand what we already know, and not to define our requirements.
18 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $2799 for dette job
Hi, We are Atlanta based Web Development Firm and interested in your project. we can offer a quality product with 100% [url removed, login to view] check your PMB for more details.
Dear Sir, I am very strong at Visual C++, DirectX, OpenGL and Hardware Interfacing. I have been joning with freelancer for 1 years with different ID. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Sayed Mulkhan F