This project is for a developer or system administrator with experience setting up a continuous integration environment that builds and deploy codes for agile development.
1. You are to propose and setup a CI environment, preferably using opensource tools like Jenkins or Huson or similar
2. Install and configure the build environment to be able to pull from respective svn on update, build and deploy to development server
If CI environment is proposed to install on development server, environment is windows server
If CI environment is proposed to install on another server, preferred environment is ubuntu. Server will be provided if needed
You will need to configure or develop and build scripts and also advise the development team of any code structure change if needed for your implementation
3. Install and link to an issue tracker, also opensource like bugzilla or similar
4. Able to send email on update, build, deploy
5. Provide a walk through of the setup after complete to explain how the environment work
6. Provide a brief on the best practices for developer to best use the environment
Specific tools mentioned above are just example that we are aware. You are free to propose any solution that has merit.
The follow is the current environment:
Java development ( 2 web and 1 console development ) using Netbean on windows
svn source control
distributed team of 5 people, scaling to about 10 or more
deployment on windows server,
database using mssqlserver
web app running on tomcat, hibernate, spring, struts
### Together with you bid you MUST give a brief of your proposed setup. The best solution will be clarified and selected for implementation
Successful bidder will have chance to continue provide more services to further improve the setup.