The website is CooperativeResearch.Org. The first requirement is that you are interested in the project. Read about it by visiting it and clicking the "about this site" link. More details are at [url removed, login to view]
The application has a complicated database schema with especially complicated logic related to the versioning and states of objects. The database contains a fairly large amount of data and the site has to cope with high levels of traffic, yet must perform fast while serving dynamic content from a single server.
The list below describes some of the things we need done. We think we have about 2-300 hours of work.
Obviously there's no way for you to give a bid for all this without seeing and working with the code. So please give us an hourly bid. After the first project and after you are comfortable with the application, we can discuss a price for everything.
* ongoing site optimization
* Extending versioning logic to source objects (currently only the events and entities are versioned)
* Incorporating source object into review process
* On the user management page, the users need to be sorted by name. We also need to be able to search through users.
* A page that shows all entries that cite a given source
* timeline page that only shows entries that are in the "draft" state
* Profile page that would show some of the user's info (links to websites, blogs, and avatar, etc.)
* On [url removed, login to view], in the category list, add a link to the tier 1 categorys that when clicked shows all the timeline entries contained in all sub tiers (i.e., it merges the timelines of all the categories below it into one giant timeline)
* Instead of, or in addition to, the "next" link on [url removed, login to view], there needs to be a way for the user to jump ahead to a certain time period. We like the way this site does it: [url removed, login to view]
* Application that would automatically cache, like google and internet archive do, all sources submitted.
* Develop email update function that would email users whenever changes are made to certain projects or timelines. User would be able to edit settings that specify under what conditions and how often the user is emailed.
* Voting system that would allow contributors and editors to vote on issues relating to the operation and management of the site
+ other stuff
39 freelancers are bidding on average $3855 for this job
understood the details and the scope of the project. Willing to start, expect a quality work and customer service from this single well versed j2ee developer.