We want to develop a Firefox extension (should be compatible with Windows and Linux) to help people send linked files by emails. Our project is currently aimed at working with Firefox and Zimbra (Web client only).
- From your browser: right click on a linked file and select the option "Send file by email" in the contextual menu.
- The browser pop up a window with Zimbra, with the email already opened, ready to be sent (with the file attached). The only information required before sending it, would be to add the addresses of the email destination.
- Firefox either uses an already opened Zimbra tab/window or open a new tab/window that ask the user to identify himself.
When the user select the "Send file by email" menu, the Firefox extension uses the Zimbra API to open the mail tab, create a new email message, and then attaches the linked file to the email.
If the Zimbra API isn’t suited for our required task, then a Zimlet will be developed. If that’s the case, then JSP and Java experience will be needed.
1) I require complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done (so that we may modify it in the future).
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
2a) Any website server-side deliverables 2b) All other software (including but not limited to any desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute) must include a software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request (unless specified elsewhere by the Buyer).
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
3b) No part of the deliverable may contain any copyright restricted 3rd party components (including GPL, GNU, Copyleft, etc.) unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the seller's Seller Legal Agreement.
We need a software to communicate with the programmer (Skype, MSN, etc...);
The programmer has to use a PHP software to supply information on the status of the development (We will provide it);
Speaking french is a must;
Experience with a Firefox extension project is a must;
Experience with the Zimbra software (Web client) is a must.