US-based Java software company ([url removed, login to view]) is looking for a Java developer to assist our customers -- Java developers themselves -- in the following:
1. designing architectures for customer applications that use our product's APIs
2. providing technical assistance in using our product's APIs
3. helping customers debug problems involving databases and our product
You will work closely with Java developers to make sure their Java applications are running smoothly and are properly integrated with our product.
Our product is a Java job scheduler, file transfer engine, and workflow engine. We have hundreds of customers in the US, Europe, and elsewhere.
Required technical skills:
1. 3-5 years' (preferably more) experience in Enterprise Java. Our customers are skilled enterprise Java developers.
2. 3-5 years' (preferably more) experience with databases and JDBC, including at least one of the following databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL.
Required communication skills:
1. Solid English written skills. You must be able to write clear technical emails to customers. Our customers must be able to understand what you write.
2. Solid English oral skills. You will talk to customers on the phone in English. Our customers must be able to understand you.
We are looking for a Java Technical Support Engineer to cover European working hours and to occasionally travel onsite to a European customer's office. Consequently, we're looking for a European-based Java Technical Support Engineer.
Finally, this is a long-term position. As such, we would expect an hourly fee for services. We're looking for a two year commitment. Preferably longer. There will be intensive training sessions, probably regular trips to our office in the US, etc. It takes several months to truly come up-to-speed on our Java software. Since we'll be making a large investment in you, we, in turn, ask for a long-term commitment.
Note: An hourly fee for services is appropriate for this ongoing position.