Java Desktop Application - Swing
This project is about rewriting the GUI of a existing desktop application. The GUI is currently written entirely with null layout managers and fixed position. This makes it impossible to resize the application.
A GUI must be created in Java 6.0 using Swing, that is fully
resizable, so all components organizes perfectly in all windows sizes. The association between the GUI and the rest of the application shall not be implemented, this is done by ourselves.
A copy of the original application is sent (with english language file), so you can see exactly how it should look like with fixed size. It is highly appreciated if the GUI is "brushed up" looking a bit more fancy and professional, so good GUI skills are required.
The application makes use of standard Swing components only
like JLabel, JTextField, JComboBox etc.
The application consists of:
- One JFrame which is main window.
- Two buttons on this main window.
- A tabbed pane with 5 panes. Some of the panes having sub-panes
giving a total of 18 panes. The biggest pane has 20 JLabels and
20 JTextFields. See attached screenshot.
- Implementation of a nice looking resizable GUI which is highly inspired by the existing GUI and contains the same components.
- As the application is multilanguage all components with text
must use text from our own language system, Which is
basically a class with a getText() method. This system is
provided. No hardcoded text allowed.
- All components with actions e.g. JComboBox and JButton must be
implemented with actionlisteners that calls private functions so
it is easy to implement functionality.
- Must be ready for integration with the main application, that is
a function must be implemented for each pane, that fills out the
JTextFields and other relevant components that must be filled with
runtime data. These can be filled with dummy values, as we take
care of the actual integration to the main application.
- The code must be nice and well documented, so it is easy to maintain and reuse.
- Good personal Swing skills and flair for writing nice looking GUI's.
- The GUI must work in Windows 2000, XP and Vista.
- The GUI might be written in a kind of GUI designer tool. But the tool must be free, and the generated code must be maintainable without the gui tool. We can discuss this further.
- The current applications minimizes as tray icon, it is appreciated that this feature is implemented too.
- Looking well in Linux
19 freelancers are bidding on average $173 for this job
A high quality Swing UI that allows for component resizing will be delivered using the BoxLayout and Box classes to make future code maintenance a breeze. Cheers.
HI, i have an excellent team who are experts in java (under windows and Unix) But they r willing to this project for $500 plz contact me on PM if u r interested. thanks