DrugDoses for iPhone is a medical app, which primarily displays a searchable list of 2200 drugs and their doses. It also contains two smaller databases, a list of normal lab values and a list of cardiac surgical procedure, as well an emergency calculator (you only enter the patient's weight and it calculates the doses of resuscitation drugs), and twenty other medical calculators (you enter the patient's weight and height, and it give you the body surface area) or medical scores. The current version of the app allows the users to access the database only for a two-year period, during which they get semestrial updates, but after which the app will no longer open.
A description of the app as well as screenshots can be found on our website [url removed, login to view] as well as on iTunes. Of course, the developer chosen to work with us will have access to the full current code.
We would like to update the app and add several new features:
- Create a universal iPhone and iPad version, and help submitting it to iTunes. The HiRes images will be provided.
- Update the drug database: the new database will have to be transformed from an Excel table
- Add a "Favourite" filter in the drugs list: allow the user to press on a star button to select his favourite drugs, and allow him to filter the list to display only those starred drugs.
- Create a history of the 10 last drug doses that the user viewed.
- Integrate a few new calculators and scores: the code will be provided by us, as separate .h, .m and .xib files, and will have to be integrated in the app.
- Add a button on the resuscitation page, which will open another page where the app will help the user to chose the proper endotracheal tube size.
- Create an In-App purchase store and help with the iTunes settings: this In-App store will allow the users to to unlock some new features (some of the new calculators and scores), as well a buy a new 2-year license for the main database.
- Adapt the app to verify if the two-year license period is still valid, and direct the user to the In-App store if there is less than 28 days left.
We are looking for a dynamic programmer, who will help creating this update and who might be interested to collaborate to future updates too.