I own a small business which does vacation property rentals in Cabo San Lucas Mexico which is a major tourist vacation spot. We own 5 houses and condominium apartments and we manage several more for neighbors and partners.
We advertise the vacation rentals on airbnb, vrbo and our direct booking web site [login to view URL]
In addition to vacation rentals, we also offer multiple other services...
• transportation to/from airport,
• tours and excursions,
• in-home chef service,
• in-home massage service,
• golf cart & eBike rentals
• Maintenance and construction improvements for owned units + other managed units.
Our business has corporate entities in both Mexico and the USA. Revenue is paid directly from customers into my usa bank -- most vacation guests are American or Canadian tourists so they pay via credit card and revenue goes in to my usa bank. We route most revenue and expenses through the USA corporation (which I prefer) but we also route some through a separate Mexican company to comply with local regulations. This situation is fluid and continuously evolving as regulations evolve so our accounting system has to be flexible. I have accountants in both countries so knowledge of local tax laws is not required.
I have an existing QuickBooks implementation for my business but I am not satisfied. I use a local bookkeeper but she has recently left for maternity leave. She was trained by my local Mexican accountant but had no prior QB experience so the implementation is not efficient or intuitive. The data entry is also inaccurate and imprecise. The recent replacement bookkeeper (replacing maternity leave) is even less experienced and is struggling with the above-mentioned implementation. I spend too much of my own time auditing, correcting and entering data whereas I would prefer to focus on the business.
The work required is as follows:
• One time clean up of the QuickBooks structure to match my business strategy in an efficient, intuitive and flexible way so we can adjust as business strategy evolves per local regulatory changes.
• Optional ongoing bookkeeping services to replace local staff. I will retain local accounting services in USA and Mexico so local tax laws not required – just bookkeeping data entry and reporting.
• A key requirement is to listen and deply understand our business strategy. I am a very experienced corporate executive and very comportable with very large P&L and Balance Sheet management, and I am not a QB or other accounting SW expert. Past projects of this type have had limited success as the candidate attempts to advise on business strategy vs applying deep QuickBooks expertise to follow my strategy.
• Other requirements:
o Deep QuickBooks expertise & experience (I am open to converting to other platform however that would appear challenging)
o Fluent English (written and spoken), Spanish a plus.
o Familiarity with business model and sw platforms like airbnb and vrbo.
o Familiarity with Microsoft Excel as some of our data feeds are done in excel.
42 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $200 timen for dette job
Hi I have great skills for online Accounting Softwares. I am expert bookkeeper with proficiency in Xero, QuickBooks Online and MYOB Account. My motive is to make my employer happy with quality of service.