My wife and I have started a new social network for mothers. The site is aimed at helping mothers to connect by forming local “mothers groups” in their area. Mothers can chat amongst their group, share photos and videos, and organize meetups. We launched the site about 7 months ago and it is started to get some good traction (nearly 700 members already). We are initially targeting Australian mothers, and when we are comfortable with how it is going here then we will begin marketing the site to other countries including the United States.
We will soon be launching a new money-making feature on the site called “Mothers Help” which will allow nannies, au pairs, babysitters, cleaners, lactation consultants, child sleep consultants, cleaners and fitness experts to list their profiles on our site. Mothers will be able to view the profiles, testimonials and ratings of each helper. We will charge a small fee to allow those mothers to contact the helper. This feature is being introduced in the coming weeks, and we will need someone to contact people who might be interested in listing their profiles on our site as “helpers”. To spread the word we need someone who can contact “helpers” advertising their services on other websites, write comments in blogs and build an email database of “helpers”. We will give you an email template that you can use to contact them.
While we wait for “Mothers Help” to be completed by the programmers, we need you to start off by doing the following:
1) Contact maternity hospitals to let them know about our site – offer to post them flyers to include in the “bounty bags” given to mothers with newborns. If they are interested then write the contact details into google docs (similar to excel) and we will post the flyers to them.
2) Call the head midwife at local community health centres to let them know about our site – offer to send them flyers and get their email address to email them more information.
3) Create fake profiles on sites other mother social networks and spread the word in a “natural” way towards mothers looking for mothers groups or just support.
4) Contact relevant websites to see if the owner is willing to establish a link to our site or at least write a blog about us. Sites that revolve around post-natal depression or sites for obstetricians and psychologists are also good examples.
5) Contact media outlets to let them know about our site – we will give you a press release to give them.
6) Regular bug testing of our mobile apps (ideally both android and iOS phones if you can get both) and website – sending feedback to our Indian programmers and cc’ing me on the email.
7) Other suggestions for marketing our site are welcome!
Phone calls should be made on skype and we will re-imburse you for any expense at the end of the month – just show us the bill. Initially we will trial you for 1 or 2 days and if successful we will organize to pay you each month for the hours you have done. We hope you can work 8 hours a day (Mon-Fri) for us at US$2.50 per hour. We will get you to record how you spent your time each day and will have regular meetings on skype to see how you are going.
We really look forward to working with the right person as the effort you put in will determine how successful our site is!