Create a secure surfboard storage locker.
- Build a 2-unit prototype that fits the product specifications
- Produce a how-to guide for the lockers that includes instructions, materials list and tools list.
- Locker Frame ([login to view URL]) and ([login to view URL]) - Aluminum frame locker sample
- Locker Storage Box ([login to view URL]) and ([login to view URL]) - For placing personal items and hanging wetsuits
- How-to [guide]([login to view URL]) - The step by step instructions should be simple a kid could build it. It should include:
- Required materials list with material cost estimates
- Required tools list
- Step by step instruction guide with photos as reference
The following specifications must be met for the prototype build to be considered a success:
- The total cost of materials per unit cannot exceed $150
- The design should be modular, so that more units can easily be installed at any time
- The design should optimize for ease-of-construction so that minimal specialty tools like welding tools are required
- Expect to be able to drill into a fence or wall for increased stability
- Locker frame
- The frame, like in the sample above, should be constructed in aluminum square tubing
- The door frame, like in the sample above, should be built with aluminum square tubing with another material for security with another material added
- The joints between pieces of aluminum can be welded, connected using [these]([login to view URL]) pieces or another option. This is up to your discretion.
- Water proofing materials
- The roof, side walls, doors and unit dividers can be built with plywood, corrugated pvc or another option. This is up to your discretion.
- The material for the door, unlike in the above example, should not be clear or see-through.
- The personal storage box and wetsuit hanger can be built from wood, metal or another option. This is up to your discretion.
- Individual Unit
- 12" width, 10' height, 2' depth
- Unit Divider Walls
- The walls that divide each unit should be no more than 6' in total height and should reach the ground.