The Project is to create 6 hand drawn country maps showing: the 5 Nordic countries and the overall Nordic region = 6 maps in total. The maps must be drawn in a friendly, loose, delicious, cosy style in pastel colours like the attached example. The focus of the maps is on regional organic food. It is important that the country stands out and seems isolated like attachment map. It must be clear it’s a map from a specific country.
The purpose of the maps are to serve as illustrations for an article series about the Nordic countries and their food culture for a food blog. Have a look at this article into which a map will be integrated: [url removed, login to view]
The specifications of the job are these:
*Number of illustrations: 6 maps
*Size A4 (or bigger) and scanned to jpeg high res.
*Technique: As shown in attachment map: friendly, loose, delicious, cosy.
*Colour palette: Pastel Colours only
*Included elements in each map: Small flag from the relevant country, titles of seas and main cities, a compass, and 1 regional food element from each country such as a “sheep for Iceland”.
*Level of detail: like the attachment
*Emphasis on these keywords: Food, Cooking, Friendliness, Non-modern age =don’t’ include any technology in the drawings. Please look at the attachment reference.
*The maps must be sharp and high resolution. The maps are intended for professional use.
Descriptions of each map.
1) Iceland – should include a flag, names of main cities and seas, some sheep eating grass and some whales swimming around.
2) Denmark – should include a flag, names of main cities and seas, some cows eating grass and some grain fields
3) Norway - should include a flag, names of main cities and seas, some goats in the mountains and some salmon jumping in a river.
4) Finland - should include a flag, names of main cities and seas, some fish jumping in the lakes and berries in forest.
5) Sweden - should include a flag, names of main cities and seas, a moose / Elk in the forest and berries in the forest.
6) The Nordic Countries – No flags, but just the titles and regional elements/food from each country.
I hope to find the right freelancer for this small job. I would be delighted to find the right person and will hopefully find more work in the future for this freelancer.
I'm looking for something simple and sweet - the illustrations are not complicated and big. I'm willing to pay 30 US for the total job = 5$ a map. If you think this is too little, then please don't bid on the project.