We are looking for a webmaster for the Swiss Chinese Law Association (SCLA). The role will entail helping to maintain the regular website, including a WordPress site and our server backend, as well as tasks related to your journal, the Swiss Chinese Law Review. You will be available to work for about 10 hours per-week (depending on workload). We invite you to submit your CV, a portfolio listing previous websites you have designed and a brief cover letter to our mailbox, [login to view URL], as soon as possible. This position will be online-based. We offer you the opportunity of joining a multinational team, to help to achieve a vision of stronger links between Asian and Europe.
● Implementing the SCLA's digital strategy.
● Managing the SCLA's official website, from both the front end and the server end.
● Maintaining the Journal website.
● Maintaining our databases.
● Maintaining our academic system
● Implementing our new online platform.
● Solving technical issues raised by hosts and on server.
Required technical knowledge:
● You need to be communicative, creative and adaptive for different environments and tasks. You will need to strive to finish the tasks on time.
● A good command of PHP, CMS, and SQL database management systems, and a good command of server knowledge.
● A good command of Python will be highly desirable.
● A good command of server basis knowledge and with a good understanding of services from different providers, including AWS, Tencent, Bluehost, Contabo etc.
● A good command of WordPress and good design skills for the platform.
● You must be committed to a lifelong learning process and open to learning from new technologies and experiences.
How to apply:
● Please submit your CV, a portfolio listing previous websites you have designed and a brief cover letter to [login to view URL] ASAP.
● Short-listed candidate will be notified by 31st January and will be invited for a brief exam.
● Candidates who pass the exam will be invited for an interview.