The job is to develop a Ruby on Rails application that consists of a catalog of custom forms, and an admin panel to manage them.
These custom forms are built using pre-existing components. The arrangement and specifics are written in XML, then parsed and rendered for the user to fill it up.
About the forms
The forms' purpose are many and they change often, therefore they need to be easily created and edited.
Each form have its own:
- Access control configuration
- Validation rules
- Additional parameters to be used after the submit
Forms' access is controlled by:
- Status: a form can be simply flagged as public or hidden.
- Date range: a form can be setup to appear after a certain point in time, and/or have an expiry date when it'll be no longer available.
- Recurrence: the access date range can reoccur every day, month, week or year.
- Quota: a form might have a limited amount of submissions per user, and this quota can be renewed after a certain period.
- User access level: a form may be unavailable to some users, depending the his/her access level.
Forms will be built using one or more of the following components:
- Text field
- Text area
- Drop down
- Radio button
- Check box
- Horizontal ruler
- Nested group
- Toggling components: some portions of the form may contract or expand when certain values are entered.
- Dynamic validation: some validations may change when certain values are entered.
- Repetition: nested groups may be repeatable, yielding an array of values on submit.
- Static values: some fields may come filled with a value.
- Auto filling: some fields may trigger other fields to be filled with data from the database.
- Help tooltip: some components may come with a help icon that displays a hint to the user.
- Attachment field: a file field that triggers the upload and yields a URL on submit.
About the code
The code must conform to some coding standards guide and follow the conventions of the Rails community.
HTML5, CSS3, Ruby 2.1+ and Rails 4.1+ are expected, but testing (unit, integration, etc.) is not mandatory.
18 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $23/time for dette job
Kindly accept my bid for your Ruby on Rails application project and be assured of a high quality work with our highly experienced and dedicated developers. Thanks