The title of the ebook will be something like "How to sell, promote and distribute your own music on the internet".
Quality is more important than quantity - approximately 40 pages long is expected length. But, if it is necessary to create a longer ebook pricing can be negotiated.
The goal is to provide a comprehensive overview of the type of options available to indies artists to sell and promote their music on the internet. In addition to providing the reader with useful information such as links, tips, resources etc., I really want to create an ebook which digs a bit deeper and examines the different pricing schemes of online companies, so musicians can easily gauge the differences in service offerings by the various companies. If possible, I want to create some kind of ranking by price vs service.
I will pay extra if anyone can go the extra mile and interview some indies artists who have had some online sales success. E.g. how did they do it, who they recommend and why, what were the pitfalls, what mistakes did they make, what were the most important factors to success, step by step on how they did it.
I want to answer questions like:
1) How do you get your original music on itunes?
2) Is it necessary to get on itunes to make decent money?
3) What are the most common mistakes indies artists make?
4) Places to submit your music for free
5) How to promote live shows
6) How to get your songs on radio stations
7) How to build a fan e-mail list
9) How to accept payment from your own web site
10) Tricks to getting additional exposure - e.g. Alternative ways to promote: YouTube, MySpace, Facebook etc. Any other unique promotional tools which are not commonly known.
Also, from the research I want to create a directory of online sales outlets.
I will own the rights to the ebook so please do not sell without my permission.
If you have any questions please contact me.