JAVA midlet that implements a SOAP Webservice.
This WEBservice currently implement actions for:
- RegUser: registers a user to have access to the service.
- OpenDay: send a list of "visits" that the user has to perform within the day.
- EndDay: informs the server when the user has finished all actions and manually closes the day.
- CheckIn: informs the server when the user starts a visit.
- CheckOut:informs the server when the user ends a visit.
- SubmitForm: submits a form for a task inside a visit.
In this setup, a day can include several visits, and a visits several task. Each task has at most one form that the user can fill in to report about the task.
When the user starts a visit, the midlet searches for a specific bluetooth device. The identifier of this device uniquely identifies the house where the user is paying the visit to.
The information about day->visits->tasks is sent from server to midlet on OpenDay, in an XML document. This is a data-oriented XML document which also contains parts that have to be presented to the user on the display (e.g. explanation of a task, form for a task, etc). The markup language for this data to be presented to user is borrowed from miniim project in SourceForge.
We have a document that fully describes the midlet, but it can not be released openly. Will be released to the selected provider.