Hi there, I am a IT project manager by day, a food truck owner by night!
I am trying to find a way to convince our local council to maximise the usage of the parking permit locations for food trucks, today limited to 15 trucks for 15 spots. As all 15 trucks are not always there due to private functions, festivals, other trading spots, etc, the allocated site only sees 1 to 4 trucks at a given time, which is not enough to get the public interested to come in mass at this location.
The work consists in adapting a Wordpress booking plugin to our requirements:
This is a booking system for n 'tier 1' food trucks to book their spots for the following month in a given location where there are only n parking spots.
The concept is to maximise the usage of the spots by welcoming 'tier 2' food trucks to fill in an available spot, not taken by a 'tier 1' food truck.
The freelancer would be required to pick an existing booking plugin with a one-off fee structure (no monthly/yearly subscription) to start off his development. Plugin would be delivered and allowed for unlimited usage on potentially other websites at no extra cost other that the original booking plugin one-off fee.
- there are strictly n spots available, for lunch (11-3:30pm) and dinner (3:30pm-9pm).
- there are 2 tiers for bookings:
- tier 1: the users (up to n) belonging to this tier can book their spots from the 1st of the month to the 28th of a month for all spots in the following month
- tier 2: the users (up to m) belonging to this tier can book their spots from the 22nd of the month at 3pm to the 28th of the month for all remaining spots in the following month.
- a given service on a given date cannot have more than n trucks at a time.
- trucks can select their favourite trading services to apply for a spot (i.e every Friday dinner). If the spot is free, it is booked, otherwise, rejected with a message for that date/service.
- trucks can see the google calendar before the publishing date and can see which other trucks are trading.
- the calendar is published to the public at 11:59:59pm on the 28th of the month in a google calendar (configurable)
- once the calendar is published, there is a mechanism to handle cancellations:
- any truck cancelling a spot would open this spot to any available truck from 'tier 1' or 'tier 2'. An automatic notification email will be sent to any available trucks for this given service window (no notification if a truck is already booked for this service)
- a date in the present/past cannot be cancelled (i.e past service or service started)
- free spots during the running month can be booked anytime during the month and will trigger a calendar update.
- admin able to allocate users to a given tier (up to n for tier 1 and up to m for tier 2)
- users details:
- truck name
- description (180 characters)
- logo (jpeg 200x200 max)
- tier allocation (by admin only)
That's pretty much it for the moment.
Have fun !
17 freelancers are bidding on average $997 for this job
I have read the instructions and understood your requirements. would you like to have a chat with me? Relevant Skills and Experience Plugin, WordPress Proposed Milestones $3921 AUD - milestones