We are looking for someone to rebuild the information pages of the website below. We do NOT need the actually activities reproducing (reached by clicking the Log In button); just the Home, Purchase, Help, Contact, Schools, About Us, Privacy and Tech Requirements pages and possibly a dynamic page presenting account information after a PayPal shopping cart interaction. We are continually improving the functionality of our website, so we are not looking for an ‘out of the box’ solution. There is some dynamic content.
[login to view URL]
The successful candidate will have discussed the ideas below.
The new website may use the backgrounds, images and any useful code from the present site, but these main pages MUST be mobile and desktop friendly. Some other professional design improvements are anticipated. There is flexibility here.
The site has different options for different countries (prices, currencies and some help videos etc). At the moment visitors select their choice, but we would prefer this to be automated for visitors from certain countries. What method would you suggest for this?
Some pages on the site need to accept parameters and display different content based on these.
The return page from PayPal IPN requires interaction with a SQL Server database and the presentation of dynamic content. Please mention your solutions to this, including the programming languages you would utilise.
If the project is a success, then there is a lot of scope for further work:
- the site includes a group management area for teachers to view and control user accounts. Presenting this in a mobile friendly form would be a great next step.
- we have a number of other websites with a huge amount of scripting and database connectivity that need updating.
- we have a complex Flash product that we would like to set up in html5.
If you have skills that would enable you to continue with some of these other projects, then they would be seen as desirable. Please mention these specifically.
The strongest candidates might therefore address the following:
1. What kind of design improvements to the look and feel of the website might you make?
2. What solutions you would put in place for the geolocation, parameters and content from our database? Which programming languages would you use?
3. Which of the further projects have you got the skills to complete?
I look forward to hearing from you.