PROJECT DESCRIPTION: An excellent opportunity has arisen for a web designer to work with a fast growing business based in London.
In this exciting new Web Designer position, you will play a vital role in the design and delivery of new product developments and major enhancements to the existing portfolio of websites and online products.
Working closely with the team, you will create concepts and prototypes. This is a great opportunity for a creative designer with a passion for web technology and user interface design to join a high-calibre team to deliver complex, interactive and data-rich websites. Our multichannel content strategy means that you will need to design using responsive techniques for specific interfaces and [url removed, login to view] will have pixel-perfect attention to detail and will be highly motivated, keeping up with the latest developments in web design and Ux. You must be organised, logical, flexible, deadline driven and used to working in a fast-paced creative environment.
Web Designer Key responsibilities:
- Design high quality concepts for web and mobile access to our online subscription products and associated websites.
- Present your design ideas and concepts - Play a key role in the eMedia team by contributing to brainstorming sessions, offering ideas and feedback, and sharing design techniques.
- Constantly push the boundaries of design and proactively seek to introduce innovative design concepts across the group, whilst ensuring design best practice and consistency.
Web Designer Key experience and skills:
- Design experience on B2B online products.
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite skills (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Good PHP skills and experience with WordPress.
- Good SEO skills.
- Strong understanding of front-end development across multiple browsers and mobile devices.
- Experience of working from wireframes, as well as creating prototypes using Axure, Mockflow or similar.
- Appropriate design degree or equivalent qualification.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects to tight deadlines.
Your portfolio needs to include examples of:
- Responsive design to create mobile friendly designs.
- Experience of working with user-centric, content-rich B2B sites.