I am seeking to build a Open Source Database that can be searched via the web for opensource software and projects, with relevant descriptions, and links to where the projects are hosted. Projects will be tagged/categorized for extra convenience, such as "virtualization" software. This project will primarily be community driven once built, therefore it needs to have a data entry submission page, where a user can submit a project into the database, and have it approved manually. Entry fields will include a title, tags, descibption, link to project, and a logo. I have a basic static html website made for sample visual purposes upon contact for a idea of what im looking for. ( Backend completely non-functional, and is not required to be used. ) This website should needs to be able to be hosted on AWS.
• Index / Home / Landing page
◦ [ The landing page provided in the static site will work for this. Preferably not many changes to this page, unless you think you can improve upon it. Use your best opinion. The background image can be changed. ]
• Add Software Page
◦ I need a web page that can be used to submit software into the database. It is also essential that submissions will not appear into the database until they have been manually approved.
◦ The submission page should have the following fields which get saved in the database ( Order irrelevant )
▪ Name of Software
▪ Link to where this project is hosted
▪ Contact Email of Submitting User – This will be used to contact submitting user if there are questions
▪ Your role with the project ( Lead Developer, Developer, User, etc. )
▪ Tags? - Not sure how this works with Google API, either I can add tags manually when approving them, or have user do it submitting
• Search Page
◦ Search page should be able to search the database for keywords and display the results similar to what is shown in the static example provided. If someone searched “Virtualization” I would want Docker, Kubernetes, KVM, Virtual box etc to show up as first results.
◦ For displaying results, use your best judgment, but I have provided an idea of what im looking for in the static site. Logo, Description, Name of Software, and Tags should be displayed.
• Contact Page
◦ Easy Email submission form like the one provided in the static site.
◦ Also add a text showing my email TrevorKSmith@[login to view URL] so that users can email me directly if needed.
Make it clear you are not a automated reply, or i will not respond.
21 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $506 på dette job
Hi there, I have read the details I am experienced with Graphic Design, HTML, MySQL, PHP, Website Design. I can help you with this job, Please come to chat so we can discuss this job.