I need a demo web application that interfaces to a MySql database. The data in the database is not relevant but it is important to show that you can interface to a database. It is important to show that you can make it look good and user friendly.
This work will form the basis of a bigger project,.
Herewith more detail:
Purpose: to show capabilities
1) Login Screen - A user must log in through a login screen. This should be a very simple interface that prompts the user for his login name and password. It should look nice.
2) The system must have a default super user.
The information must be stored in a table such that new user can be added at a later stage.
No interface is required to add / delete any users
3) Once logged in the user must be presented with a menu ribbon with icon options on the left hand of the screen as well as the home page. As an example see [login to view URL] Click on the icon with the three horizontal bars. It should expand to show the full text. Maybe you have a better idea of doing it? The content on the home page is not important. Just a simple background will do.
The ribbon should have at least 5 click-able icons of which 4 will take the user to a splash screen indicating 'under construction' the fifth takes the user to the 'parts' screen. The 'parts' screen should have the following buttons:
1) Add Part Type - An interface is required to create a part type. See: [login to view URL] prompting the user to add data. I am referring to the content in the type dropdown list (Capacitor, Connector, Crystal). This content can either be entered via a user interface or via a CVS file. See: [login to view URL]
I want to be able to edit and delete existing data in the table. An example of a CSV file must be supplied to test this. No duplicates are allowed.
2) Part – An interface is required to create a part and accessed . See: [login to view URL]
The table should have the following fields:
PartNumber – The system should issue an automatic unique part number starting at 1000000 and for each new part the next available number will be used.
PartDescription – Test description
PartType – should link to item 3 and should be selected via a dropdown list.
It should also be possible to import data from a CSV file.
It should be possible to export data to a csv file.
Supply CSV example file. It should be possible to edit or delete a part.
3) Part View. See [login to view URL]
It should be sortable via part number, PartDescription or PartType.
The purpose of this is for me to see your capabilities as well as for me to refine my idea. It is important that it looks good. It should use PHP and MySql and other technologies such as J query etc is need be. The real content in the tables are not important.