We are building a valuation and competitive analysis tool. Primary features include an automated valuation analysis similar to those done for investment banking, with industry search and alerts.
The site should start with all the features like the user's area in the following [url removed, login to view] The area main page will be like a control panel/dashboard for our website's customers who will be engaged daily with news and alerts. These users should be able to login and save information on their own profile as well as saving other information the user may provide. We need a site that allows a user to register and track one public company against a list of comparable companies.
We are flexible in terms of technology platform and language used for this project. Please provide your suggested platform in your bid.
• User registration / account management / password reset /etc
• Data feed aggregation and storage (we can provide access to market data sources but solution will need feed-writing):
• Quote data: end of day close, open, high, low market data for a U.S. public companies
• company name
• industry code
• fundamental, financials, earnings, dividend data
User profile and data calculations:
• User can build or edit profile of a list of public companies for comparison
• Search by company name, ticker, industry
• User can provide the base public company to compare against, or manually enter the data fields for their own company
• custom user profiles and lists/weightings of companies can only be viewed by the user
• Calculate historical “weighted” indices for the comparable group (by market cap, by price, or by user-defined weighting) and compare it to base company data
• Chart of comparable company Index vs. base company value over time (should at least have functionality of [url removed, login to view] should end of day data. ideally should be able to run in an interactive chart mode)
• Table view of data similar to [url removed, login to view] but including the calculated weighted index data
Alerting features - alerts via email, text, twitter, fbook, …
Suggested milestones – we will escrow monies for the entire project and will release payments according to the phases below:
• Wireframe layout – 5%
• Site design – 10%
• Data architecture design – 10%
• Data architecture implementation (with some data) – 15%
• Basic Site implementation live – 15%
• Data architecture implementation (with full data) – 15%
• Final Site implementation and Q&A signoff – 30%
In your bid, please provide examples of similar projects that you have done before and detail what technology platform and timing you expect. If you plan to use an open-source software, please advise as part of your bid.
All work/product will be work-for-hire and owned by us upon our payment. Provider will be willing to sign appropriate non disclosure agreement.
In your initial PMB reply, please state “I AGREE” to confirm that you agree to these terms and have read the entire project description. Bids that don’t respond accordingly will be ignored.
Project name should have been "Build a stock market comparison site"