We are looking for a layout designer to handle designing and laying out pages for a magazine and various brochures now and then.
We would prefer the designer to be U.S.- based but are open to options.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign.
- Creativity - taking our product and presentation to the next step.
- Working with in-house production team (the editors).
- Matching pages to other designers on the team (overall look).
- Ability to make small copy corrections (fixing typos, etc that we do not see at first) during the design process.
- Willingness to make the pages look great – cut out images, put in drop quotes – and essentially go the extra mile.
- Ability to FTP print-ready pages to printer.
- Delivery of source files to client at end of each issue .
- Fax machine (US line) for faxed text corrections.
- General availability during our production schedule – not 24/7 – but days, nights, and maybe a weekend day here and there.
Your bid should include some info about yourself, your rates (we prefer to pay per page), availability, and some sample work.