GRAPHIC DESIGNER CONTRACTOR FOR MOBILE TECH COMPANY
We're a mobile app start-up company located in Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, MA and we're looking for a seriously talented graphic designer to bring wireframes for the Android and iPhone platforms to life for us. The product this is for is highly visible globally with millions of users worldwide and utilizes cutting edge technology in the mobile space.
We're looking for someone who obsesses about each and every pixel and who thinks of themselves, without hesitation, as a master of Photoshop. This person should have a wealth of understanding of layer effects and blending in Photoshop and who specializes in creating simple, impactful and polished designs (think somewhere between Facebook/Twitter for simplicity and iOS for polish).
This is a short-term contractor position (approximately 1-2 weeks) but has lots of potential beyond that.
* at least 4 years experience in desktop or mobile app design (web/media design OK but desktop/mobile preferred).
* at least 1 years experience specifically in mobile app design (mobile HTML 4 OK but native app preferred).
* designed at least 1 app currently in an app store (includes iOS App Store, Mac App Store, Android Market, Windows Marketplace)
* candidate must have a smartphone (preferably an iPhone 4, Windows 7, Palm, or recent Android phone)
* interaction design experience a plus.
* web/print design experience a plus.
* local to Boston a plus but not required.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND..
* a brief overview of yourself
* your portfolio (which must include mobile design you've done)
* the name of at least one app you've designed (or URL for mobile HTML 4)