I need someone to improve my book cover, which I have done in PhotoShop. It requires someone who is artistic and good at drawing, who understands the requirements of a book cover and is very familiar with PhotoShop. I want to maintain the style and colour of the image, but the drawing needs to be improved and added to, especially the foregrounds and the villa complex.
This is to be the cover of a book on Roman archaeology. It includes a reconstruction of a villa which I have drawn very precisely in Google Sketchup and set in a real landscape in the countryside. It has been set on Google Earth, which I have then coloured over. But seeing as it is an accurate reconstruction based on a real landscape, it is VERY important that the illustrator maintains the dimensions, structure, layout of all the buildings, the hillside, the roads, rivers, VERY precisely. The perspective of the buildings can be corrected and improved. The landscape features of Google Earth must be strictly adhere to as it needs to be very accurate. The drawing needs to be improved as it does not quite work as it is. The cover is A4. The illustrator needs to understand the importance of portraying as accurate as possible representation of what the scene may have looked like in Roman times and extensive guidelines will be provided.
You can access the jpg file below which gives the image of the Cover as it is now. In addition you can download the layered psd file, which is inside a zip fiIe, from the following link: [url removed, login to view] (65 Mbytes so may take a while to download)
Changes needed are as follows:
1) Improve the Roman villa complex. This is a simple villa, they were farmers (the villa was not a fancy one!). The corner facing us is a storage yard. Pls make the whole area look less like a computer model. It needs to look less regimented, less organised and "clean". You can add some people to the illustration (they would be very small) but this is not essential. Additional details eg. the gate and a simple ornamental garden, veg patch etc. , cows, muddy yard beyond the left wall, type of farmland will be outlined before starting the work.
2) The foreground fields (with one or two paths) needs to be drawn better so that the villa complex fits nicely into its surroundings.
3) Add additional trees to the hillsides and around the villa. The villa complex needs to blend into to its surroundings better. At the moment it looks a bit as if a space ship has landed!
4) The background needs to be less precise, with less small, fiddly details, as we do not know what the landscape looked like in Roman times. The background must be in the same style as the Roman villa complex to create a coherent style overall that works. The structure of the landscape is accurate apart from the yellowy area near the river, which looks like a hill, but should be a dip. The real landscape can be seen by looking at the Google Earth image enclosed in the psd file (the first layer).
5) The fences in the field need to be replaced by ditches.
A villa reconstruction is enclosed that I have copied, and I would like the image to be in this style, if possible, but not essential.
The illustrator does not need to edit the panel of finds (pottery etc.), as I will do that bit. I may not include the panel of finds if the drawing can be improved, which will make the foreground deeper. We need to maintain the blue of the sky and the bright green of the scene, as long as it looks good when printed. The sky can have a gradient.
The work needs to be completed by 28 February, preferably sooner. It needs to be delivered as a psd file preferably. I would own the copyright of the drawing. A one off fee is paid, there is no royalty payable. There will be quite a few other small jobs available on sucessful completion of this job. The book will have a very small circulation as it is very specialised.
Thank you for your interest
36 freelancere byder i gennemsnit £196 på dette job
Hi, we are a Branding Agency and we will provide a unique illustration that will communicate your vision, please check the link in your inbox to visit our portfolio.