Four Joomla 1.5 sites need to be converted to Joomla 2.5 sites. The J2.5 sites have been created with new J2.5 templates, the data (articles, components, etc.) have been imported. Each new site needs to be configured and tested before replacing its J1.5 counterpart.
You will be responsible for:
- Deleting test data installed by the template (articles, categories, menu items,...)
- Activating/creating/applying the new structures (menu items, categories, ...)
- Component positioning/configuration/verification
- Testing and reporting
What I am responsible for:
- Showing what the J1.5 site looks like and providing full access to the J2.5 counterpart site
- Making sure all article content is present in the J2.5 sites and components are installed and up-to-date
- Providing a testing protocol for each site
- Available to answer questions via freelancer messages or Skype
***Experience and skills needed***
- Joomla 2.5 migration, conversion, and testing
- Web site management and administration
- Written English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to complete projects on time
1. In a single paragraph, what is your experience converting sites from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5? What tool or method did you find most helpful? In one of the recent conversions that is now on the Internet, how many hours did it take to convert from start to finish?
2. Do you work by yourself or as part of a team? If you are part of a team, tell me about the special skills each person who will be working on this project
brings to the effort.
3. How would your rate each of your abilities as follows (Low, Medium, High):
- Joomla knowledge
- Website design
- Project management
- Web graphics
This is helpful to know for future project work. I will also review your portfolio.
4. What are your top 2 professional template frameworks? Why do you favor these?
5. When can you start work on this project? What will help this be a good project from your perspective?
6. As part of your reply, please put the color that is produced by mixing blue and yellow ink in the last line of your reply to let me know you read this line.
7. If this project interests you, reply with answers to these questions and I will review your work profile. If you are one of the top candidates, I will send you a link to review the sites so you can make that this project fits your expectations. After reviewing the sites, then place your bid. If you place a bid before reviewing the sites, I will wonder how you arrived at the bid before seeing the sites you will be handling.
Max Budget: $80 to configure and test four J2.5 sites. No need to reply if you are too busy or too expensive for this project. No hard feelings.
Let me know if there is anything else you need to know about this project specifically.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your responses and working with you on this project.
8 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $89 for dette job
i am interested to work on this project and also have lots of experience in this type of [url removed, login to view] give me a chance to proof myself to you. please inform me if you are agree with my bid.