We moved into a home with an un-landscaped backyard and need to submit HOA plans for "approval" for our backyard patio. We have no idea what to do, although we want to keep it simple. Attached is a map of the area to be landscaped which needs to be blown up in size in order to illustrate what we are adding.
The instructions for approval as given by the HOA are as follows:
1. Please complete a description of the proposed structural or landscape changes.
2. Include plans (3 copies) to scale that show:
* Location of improvement to home & property lines
* Complete dimension of changes proposed
* Description of materials and color scheme
* Clearly marked plant types, sizes, and quantities
* (Please be courteous of others when considering the use of any plants or trees that may litter into other yards or the common area.)
The easy thing though, is that we only want to add a cement patio and save room for a large trampoline for the kids. And the only irrigation we need is in the two bottom corners of the map for a few shrubs to block a view fence between the neighbors yard. The rest of the space can be filled with either bark/mulch OR fake grass.
Again, we are trying to keep this SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE and are just hindered by the hoops that the HOA makes us just through just to add a patio.
If you can help, I can upload actual photos of the yard if you wish, nut we're mainly looking for papers to submit to the HOA for approval.
Thanks you for your time.