California Consulting has an immediate opening for an experienced K-12 Grant Writer for the Montebello office. Detailed job description is as follows:
1. Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications.
2. Duties include responsible, professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities based on client's needs.
3. Conduct through needs assessment with clients through in person meetings, phone conversations and email. Gather information from clients to facilitate grasping the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the client.
4. Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the client, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
5. Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs based on client needs.
6. Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
7. Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to the client on how to better present it to grant-making organizations.
8. Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines.
9. Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
10. Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
11. Responsible for administration and completion of all required post-award reporting, compliance and evaluation as needed.
12. Will work under direction of the Regional Grant Manager.
13. Required to submit weekly written reports to the Regional Grant Manager and State Grant Manager on all projects with a conference call twice monthly with Regional Grant Manager to review projects, clients and accounts.
14. Limited travel is required.
15. 3 years previous grant writing experience required.
16. Salary commensurate with experience.
We will consider an independent contractor if highly experienced. No phone calls please. California Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.