1) International social work can be understood as a specialist area of practice as well as a perspective through which to understand all social work and social development practice, bridging the local-global divide. What theories, concepts, social policies and approaches can be used to help social workers across the globe situate their local practice in a global world and why?
In order to pass the assessment you will need to demonstrate:
- Contextualised analysis of the theoretical, political and ethical frameworks which underpin social work practice evidenced by using theoretical knowledge to appraise social work practice
- The ability to develop critical and reflective analysis of both theory and practice
- Analysis of the complex interplay between the global and local factors which impact on the social well-being of individuals, families and communities
- A well-structured response which responds to the essay question and draws from a wide range of relevant and well referenced literature.