Hello! I am looking for someone to ghostwrite a (up to) 10,000 book with real Wiccan spells, potions, and more for Harry Potter fans who might be curious about learning more about real magic after reading the books. There is often a really genuine curiosity around this, and I would like something that gave brief informative introductions to the different types of magic I’ve identified below, followed by a bunch of practical activities for them to try.
The age range for this book will include teenagers, so the language needs to be fairly uncomplicated and relaxed. It would be really helpful if you were familiar with the Harry Potter series and were able to add some Harry Potter commentary (eg: when a particular spell might be relevant for Ravenclaws), however, this is not a deal-breaker – it is much more important that the Wiccan components are authentic and real. I can do the HP bits if needed!
The bulk of this is the spells/potions/charms etc themselves, with a very short introduction required for each section. A possible chapter outline (based on the Harry Potter books) is as follows:
1. Introduction: A brief introduction to magic, including information about the ethics of magic.
2. Crafting your wand: How to make your own wand. This section was inspired by [login to view URL]
3. Spells: Intro, approximately 15 spells (I will give prompts, including spells for bravery, wisdom, friendship etc. Will be inspired by the different Harry Potter houses.)
4. Herbology/herbalism: Intro, approximately 10 -15 different recipes/instructions for using herbs.
5. Potions: introduction, approximately 10-15 recipes (similar themes to spells)
6. Charms: Approximately 10-15 to try.
7. Defense Against the Dark Arts: different magical ways that people can protect against negativity, bad luck, and dark magic.
8. Divination: Instructions for Tessomancy, Palmistry, and crystal-ball gazing.
If you feel that the above will exceed the word limit, we can potentially drop 'Defence Against the Dark Arts' and/or Divination.
Please note: I am only interested in those who have legitimate knowledge in this area. The reason I am posting this now on freelancer is because the original person I had commissioned to do this work claimed to have knowledge in this area but clearly did not. If you think ‘add mentos to a glass of coke to create a magical, frothing brew!’ is an appropriate potion, then this is not the job for you ?