This is a test job to find a permanent writer. Future jobs will pay more. Four writers will be hired at $30 per person. Each person will have five days to create a 2000 to 3000 word story written for children ages 6 to 8. The main character must be a child. The story needs to be plot and action driven. In addition to the story you will need to create both a title and description (2300 to 3200 characters in length) about the story that will grab the readers attention.
How The Long Term Person Will Be Chosen
After the first stories have been written two of the writers will be contracted to write another 2000 to 3000 word story for $40. The person who then writes the best story will continue to be offered contracts at $50 per 2000 to 3000 word story.
How Do You Apply
I do not want to read any stories you have already written, instead submit 2 to 5 different plot outlines of stories you would like to write. The most interesting and action packed plot outlines will be chosen. The types of stories you can create plot outlines for are Mystery (no murder), or Humorous Situation. You can also create plots that are a combination the two.
How A Typical Story Should Be Constructed
* Your plot outline must contain a main character that has a child between the age of 6 and 9
* Your main character has a problem that will be the focus of the story
* Events happen to the main character as they solve the problem
* The problem is resolved by, or with the help of, the main character which creates a happy ending
1. The story must have a Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level readability score between 2 and 3.5. There are free readability checkers online.
2. You must be a native English speaker with a knowledge of North American English.
3. All work must be 100% original. Your story will be checked for plagiarism. You will not be paid if your story has been found to be plagiarized.
4. Your story must be free of grammatical and spelling errors.
5. You will be hired as a ghostwriter only. You will NOT retain any right to the finished products. I reserve the right to use the material in any form desired. You will have no rights to distribute or republish the material in any form whatsoever, even as part of your portfolio or as excerpts.
6. I will not hire an agency. I am only looking for a single person who will not subcontract out any of the work.
7. You must be willing to make any needed changes the story may require.
8. The completed story should be delivered in the DOC format.
9. Stories must be submitted on time.
10. When you apply you must write the words "I Like To Write" at the beginning of your application.
Thank you for your time. I hope to be working with you soon.