Cactus Communications employs a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist contractual copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity
• Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
• Potential to earn USD 1200 to 4000 per month (based on regular availability)
• Additional fees of up to 20%
• As this is a freelance opportunity, there is no need to relocate.
What you will do
• Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
• Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
• Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
• A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in healthcare, medicine and surgery, and Cancer Research[detailed subject-area list below]
• Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications has global subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
Detailed subject-area list
1) Freelance Specialist Editors: Medicine: Internal medicine, Dentistry, and Ophthalmology:
Anesthesiology and pain medicine, Complementary and alternative medicine, Dentistry, ENT (Otolaryngology), Internal medicine, Ophthalmology, Optometry, Other – Medicine, Radiology, Respiratory care, Head and neck surgery, Veterinary sciences
2) Freelance Specialist Editors: Allied Healthcare
Disaster medicine, Diabetes research, Emergency and critical care, Endocrinology, Epidemiology, Forensic medicine, Geriatric medicine, Hematology, Infectious diseases, Nursing and hospital medicine, Nutrition and dietetics, Occupational health and therapy, Public health, Allergies – Clinical
3) Freelance Specialist Editors: Cancer Research:
Cancer research, Cancer research – Chemo radiotherapy, Cancer research – Molecular, Radiotherapy planning.
4) Freelance Specialist Editors: Medicine: Organ systems, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and plastic surgery
Anatomy, Cardiology, Chiropractics, Dermatology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Biomedical devices - Clinical applications, Nephrology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, perinatology, and child health, Physical medicine and rehabilitation, Plastic and reconstructive surgery, Reproductive medicine, Rheumatology, Sexual health, Sports medicine, Surgery - Cardiac and Cardiothoracic, Transplantation – Surgery, Urology, Stroke – Cardiology
Please apply by clicking on this link:
[url removed, login to view]