I am interested in creating an editable database in MS access where I can enter and in the future edit:
1. Customer Data: Customer Co, Contact First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country, Tel., Fax, email address, website address
2. Job Info (Job Name, Description, Job Rate, Subcontractor Rate, Driver Rate,
3. Subcontractor Data (many for a job) - Subcontractor Co, Contact First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country, Cell, Tel., Fax, email address. I also need each SubContractor to include Tax ID No, Liability Insurance Policy No with expiration date, Workers Comp Policy No with expiration date - A few SUbcontractors have up to 10 trucks and Drivers. I need to keep track of what truck no and Driver is associated to the manifests.
4. Manifests Nos with loads/tons, date worked and the week-ending date received (a subcontractor will have many maniests connected to him for a Job and the Sub can do more than one job) - a subcontractor many times hands in the manifests late so we need to track the week it belonged to but invoice it on the week it was received.
5. Invoice: I would like an automatic invoice to be created that includes the Manifests for the week determined. The Invoice should be for all the manifests entered in one week by job and customer. It should state the date worked but if it was received on a particular week I need to bill it when it was received.
6. I also need a separate report that I can transfer to excel or directly to quickbooks with the Subcontractor, Job Name and amount due to Subcontractor based on the Job Subcontractor Rate times the manifest tones for the week.
Only two people will be editing the data and I would like it to be accessed online. I like the user-friendly look of the sample template MS Access has for Northwind.
I will the form I currently use in excel. I want it to be more user friendly. I also use data from here to calculate the hours of a few drivers listed and to calculate who will receive invoice-factoring (Pay-Vance).