The flash media game, Beat the Quake, to be converted into a new language version, in Turkish, using Turkish characters. The game is a flash production that allows for test of knowledge for earthquake preparedness. [url removed, login to view]
The three main portions of the game are
1. the instructions
2. the “be prepared” section which allows for participants to click on the different items, and
3. the gaming portion which is a timed test.
All three sections will be converted, for the game to be understood and user friendly for a new language audience.
RiskRED has the rights from Earthquake Country Alliance and Southern California Earthquake Center to re-produce the game.
Risk RED will provide the freelance consultant with source files for the game. In addition to replacing text, those graphics that contain words will need to be re-created with target language words.
RiskRED will be responsible for translating the actual language of the game. You, will be responsible for providing the complete materials needed to deploy the new version of the game independent of the [url removed, login to view] website.
Timeline and Deliverables:
1. Risk RED will provide contractor with all available source files.
2. Within three working days of receipt of all available source files, contractor will provide Risk RED with a list of all English words, sentences, terminology, instructions, that need translation.
3. Risk RED will respond with translations within 7 days.
4. Within five working days after receiving the translations the game should be submitted for first approval.
5. Upon receipt of any feedback and corrections, contractor shall make corrections and provide final version files within 5 working days.
Preference given to those with knowledge of Turkish language or who explain how they will handle Turkish character set. Freelancer will be required to sign MoU making clear that this is a work for hire.
30% will be paid after Deliverable in #2 above. 70% within 24 hours of receipt of final product in Deliverable #5 above.
If you do a good job, for a reasonable price, other language adaptation work to follow.