We would like to search for a VBA programmer to help us create macros that automate changing formats of our regression outputs / other data to the table formats we want, to perform data visualization, and potentially to help us to create macro to review our regression outputs from a very large amount of regression outputs.
1. Using macro to extract data from excel or R data files(across large amount of files from many folders) to change the formats(fonts, highlights, number format and etc…) to the desired table formats in different folders(example in…)
2. Data visualization for large amount of raw data, statistical data(including regression outputs) in a creative, demonstrative manner, interesting manner
3. Using macro to extract data from excel to generalize or to compare regression outputs results
1. VBA: At least 4 years of experience implementing programming using VBA, in working with large amount of data, databases, data visualization(also important). (experience with statistical analysis is a plus)
2. Statistics: basic understanding of multivariate linear regression, and understand what regression outputs mean(such as coefficient, tstat) and know basic summary statistics such as percentile, mean, median.
3. Fluent English communications skills in oral and writing
4. R programming experience is a plus
5. Candidate must be able to generate results quickly with sufficient availability to spend time on this project as soon as hired (have at least 25 hours of available time in the next 7 days), because the deadline is for our project is less than 10 days, Weekly availability to be at least 20 hours
VBA Test: There is a test to determine your qualifications for the position with the test instructions and excel files in the zip file from the dropbox link below. I will be testing the macro you created from the raw excel file by using other raw excel files with some differences in the the names and # of hypothesis variables and control variables to determine if the macro you have created with the test works.
[url removed, login to view]
Please answer the following questions along with your application to the position
How many years have you used VBA and how often using VBA during those years?
Could you describe your VBA usage? Please include a more detailed description for the working with data formatting, data visualization, statistics
Could you describe the extent of your statistics knowledge and experience?
What is your weekly available hours and can you start immediately with at least 20 hours in the 5 days after starting?
Can you send me your CV?