Your task is to build a spreadsheet model of the ICT Expo. This should allow a decision maker to
understand the consequences of the equipment chosen, how well it will support different numbers of
attendees, and how much it will cost vs the income.
As a starting point take the equipment list from the group component of the task (so everyone will
have the same list). Create a spreadsheet model to examine various aspects of the Expo. For
1. How ticket prices should be set and what the breakeven point will be under various scenarios.
2. How well supported would attendees be, for example long queues might put people off, short
queues might imply underutilisation of resources.
3. What level of waste can occur depending on numbers, for example from overprinting glossy
[login to view URL] following aspects will help improve your spreadsheet
1. A model of possible outcomes
a. For example what are the costs if no-one comes.
b. Is there a cost to having to turn people away?
2. Your model should include any graphs and charts that you feel are important.
3. Flexibility, if the plan changes you should not have to rebuild the entire spreadsheet from
scratch. As examples, if you forgot to buy the internet connection you should be able to add a
new row for this. If the price of the venue changes this should be automatically reflected in
the final cost.
NOTE: It might be that when you start to create your model you won't have the final equipment list.
This should not be a problem - design your model in a way that it can be re-used and extended, and
then if there are any last minute changes to the list your model can be updated see the point on
flexibility above this paragraph.