For any of the CRMs, pls be sure to know answers to the following:
-- Can the User define additional "Contact" fields?
-- When you export "Contacts" is it always the same fields and the same
format in the export file?
-- If User defined fields are possible can you also export them as
Contact fields in the export file?
-- Are empty values for Contact info also in the exported file?
-- Are duplicate contact records allowed in the CRM?
-- When you export contacts, does the CRM let you select which fields
you want to export into csv or excel? Does this include Used defined and
also default Contact fields?
-- By default for exporting Contacts, are they the same fields in the
same column order?
Business problem: Exporting contacts from Facebook and mapping to our
1) Choose one CRM, one that you can export out Contact Info, all of them
should have a way to export out Contact Info into CSV or Excel format.
2) Manually Export the Contacts from the CRM into a CSV or Excel file
3) Create a Python/Java Utility which takes the exported CSV or Excel
file as input and create another Excel file that is formatted exactly
attached. In this process make sure you map appropriate fields from the
exported file to the fields in the Contact_Import_Template.
4) A valid Contact for our application is one that has 1) First name 2)
Last Name 3) whether it is an "Individual" or Company contact, if
Company what is the Title of that Individual, 4) the contact must have
at least one Work or Personal info that may include one phone or address
5) Contacts which don't meet our criteria, pls create another excel file
and dump them there.