I have an automatically created spreadsheet (from separate software) that is generated weekly. I require the ability to re-sort based on certain text contained in Column-C and carry forward related info in Columns A and B. I'm hoping this can be done automatically with a custom sort command or?
See spreadsheet [login to view URL]
- Sheet "EWP" shows raw data
- Sheet "Sorted EWP" is how I would like to see the result of sorted data from "EWP"
1. Data is sorted from text within Column-C (note: the text only has to be present and does not have to match exactly)
- Text grouped by name: Similar common text within Column-C
NJH10, NJM10, NJH12, NJM12, NJH14, NJM14, NJH16, NJM16, NJM18
1 3/4" x 9-1/2", 1 3/4" x 11 7/8", 1 3/4" x 14", etc
3 1/2" x 9-1/2", 3 1/2" x 11 7/8", 3 1/2" x 14", etc
Glulam, Columns, etc
2. Give me the lability to add additional sort names
3. Secondary sort condition is by length Column-B
4. All data not sorted shows at bottom of sheet.
5. Sum of Columns AxB provided and Sum of each Name (see columns I and J)
6. Original columns I through Q not required
Hi There, I understand the criteria for sorting and summing the lengths of material in your list. I can create a tool that will do this work for you and I have done similar projects. regards Reuben