I would like to develop a program that can take a Word (.rtf) file, search the fields that I indicate for their content and compare the values to the guidelines that I establish for their fields.
1. the name field should return two columns, the last name in one column and the first name in the second column. They are currently separated by a comma (SEE BROWN CIRCLE)
Each name may have one or several lines of entry to follow. The program will list each entry in a separate line under that name in the order that they appear.
2. the diagnosis (SEE BLACK CIRCLE) should have a "control field" in which I can indicate what procedures (SEE RED CIRCLE) are compatible with that diagnosis. So, 92235 may be compatible with "amde", but not "dry". If the wrong DIAGNOSIS is coupled with the wrong PROCEDURE the program will present me with an error.
The parameters for acceptable pairings between DIAGNOSIS and PROCEDURE is to be constantly adjustable by me, meaning that I can add or delete entries from this section. Hopefully, I will eventually fill in all of the acceptable pairings over time.
for instance: procedure diagnosis 92225 retb
If a diagnosis of "dry" was matched with 92225, the program would show this as an error or an exception.
But, I can change the pairings at anytime.
3. PAID CHARGES will be shown in a separate column to distinguish this entry from unpaid charges (no negative amount in the line in the .rtf report) which will be shown as a zero (0)
4. The UNITS (see GREEN CIRCLE) will be shown in the next column
5. The RECALL (SEE PURPLE CIRCLE) will be shown as the number of months between the visit date and the recall date.
6. There should be a column that appears at the end of each patient's entries that indicate the number of charges that were entered under that individual
The control fields in which I indicate what diagnoses are compatible with which procedures can be on a separate sheet, or adjusted as you see fit
I hope that this is clear and that I have not made a simple exercise seem too complicated.