I gang

Do 10 Statistic questions

Foothill Math 10 Statistics Spring 2014 Maskalevich

You are logged in as Itung Angga (Logout)

You are here

Home / ▶ 10_Spring_11Y_TM / ▶ Quizzes / ▶ Midterm / ▶ Attempt 1

Midterm - Attempt 1

Question 1

Marks: 15

Jeannie is an experienced business traveler, often traveling back and forth from San Francisco to the East Coast several times per month. To catch her flights from San Francisco she leaves her office one hour before her flight leaves. Her travel time from her office to the departing gate at the San Francisco airport, including the time to park and go through security screening, is normally distributed with a mean of 46 minutes and a standard deviation of 5 minutes. What is the probability that Jeannie will miss her flight because her total time for catching her plane exceeds one hour? Round your final answer to 4 decimal places.

Choose one answer.

A. [url removed, login to view]

B. [url removed, login to view]

C. [url removed, login to view]

D. [url removed, login to view]

E. None of the above

Question 2

Marks: 15

Use the same information about Jeannie in the above problem. Jeannie is known to be somewhat lax about getting to the airport in time to catch her flight. Suppose that she decides to leave her office so that she has a 96% chance of catching her flight; consequently there is a 4% chance that she will miss her flight. How many minutes before the flight leaves should she leave her office? Round your final answer to the nearest minute, then input that whole number below. DO NOT include units. Just input the numerical answer or the system will mark your answer wrong even if you input the correct value.

Answer:

Question 3

Marks: 15

In a busy coffee shop, which is a member of an international chain of coffee shops, 40% of customers order a pastry in addition to their drink. If 20 customers were selected at random during one business day, what is the probability that at least 11 of them did not order a pastry with their drink. Round your answer to 4 decimal places.

Choose one answer.

A. [url removed, login to view]

B. [url removed, login to view]

C. [url removed, login to view]

D. [url removed, login to view]

E. None of the above

Question 4

Marks: 15

It has been conjectured by the U.S. Census Bureau that "approximately 60% of foreign-born people who live in the U.S. are not naturalized citizens". Suppose that in a national random sample of 70 foreign-born people who live in the U.S. that exactly 32 of them are not naturalized citizens. Select the best answer below.

Choose one answer.

A. The percentage of foreign-born people who live in the U.S. and who are not naturalized citizens is overstated by the U.S. Census Bureau.

B. The percentage of foreign-born people who live in the U.S. and who are not naturalized citizens is not overstated by the U.S. Census Bureau.

C. Not enough information to answer the question.

D. None of these.

Question 5

Marks: 15

A civil service exam yields scores with a mean of 81 and a standard deviation of 5.5. Using Chebyshev's Theorem what can we say about the percentage of scores that are above 92?

Choose one answer.

A. At most 12.5% of the scores are above 92.

B. At most 25% of the scores are above 92.

C. At least 75% of the scores are above 92.

D. At least 25% of the scores are above 92.

E. None of the above

Færdigheder: Ingeniørarbejde, Excel, Matematik, Matlab and Mathematica, Statistikker

Se mere: statistic problem, san francisco business times, sample probability questions, questions best, questions probability, miss shop, mark travel, probability problem, gate travel, best questions, least probability questions, excel mark, statistic engineering, security questions, probability statistics, national park, math excel, math engineering, lax, exam questions, engineering probability, coffee shops, census, excel random number, excel screening

Om arbejdsgiveren:
( 10 bedømmelser ) san bernardino, United States

Projekt-ID: #5981142

Tildelt til:

CaptVo

Hey there. Pretty straight forward. Could have this done for you in no time. Lemme know if you're interested :)

$31 USD på 1 dag
(12 bedømmelser)
4.4

3 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $129 for dette job

zhkhan89

PhD qualified university professor having more than six years of experience, ensuring excellent quality of work whilst meeting the deadline at all times. Confidentiality of work and the relevant data remains my top pro Mere

$200 USD in 5 dage
(6 bedømmelser)
3.7
oprovider

Kindly message me, we just started my work on [url removed, login to view], we got 5 star and very good review on our first project based on magento, you task is very simple for us. I hope if you give us change, we will sure make a Mere

$155 USD in 3 dage
(0 bedømmelser)
0.0