We have an existing commerical product used to re-calibrate Ford EEC (PCM), which has used the Xilinx XCS05-3VQ100 for more than a decade, but has been obsoleted. The original firmware was done circa 2002, using the old foundation software and not really usable, other than for reference.
The original Engineer may be available for consulting, but I would not count on it. I am a VERY seasoned application programmer and have a good understanding of basic electronics, but am no engineer by any stretch of the imagination. My terminology may be a bit suspect, but will do what I can to clarify what I can.
The 1984-2004 Ford EEC-IV and EEC-V PCM uses the 8061/8065 MCU, with the primary difference being that the EEC-V uses Bank Select control for up to four 64kb banks.
The core feature of the product line is that it acts as a Parallel Slave Port, but with additional capabilities. I want to add Analog inputs (up to 4) and use Dual Port RAM, that can sit directly on the Service Port (J3) and feed the PCM. It should load the currently active calibration from Flash memory, at power up. Currently this is controlled by a BCD switch, but would possibly like to use software selectable setting.
I am leaning towards a MCU (PICxxx, STM32) to eliminate multiple components that are used in the current design (see [url removed, login to view]), keeping component count low.
Please let me know if the attachments are lacking of enough information to provide enough of an overview of what is going to be required. The PCM is a 5v device (see the EECTech98 PDF for details) and the MCU's have some 5v tolerant gpio lines. The J3 port is a 30 contact (15x2) edge interface connection.
The attachments show the original foundation software and some of the files that I have available. I have exported to VHDL, but it is incomplete and not really useable other than reference.
I am trying to trudge through this myself, but am exploring the costs involved with hiring someone who does this process daily. I have approximately a year to get the re-designed version to market.
A couple of things that I feel like are pertinent to the project and can assist those with questions, are laid out below.
1) the resulting firmware/software has to be secure.
2) All resulting hardware design files and firmware/software, have to be maintainable by STKR (Me), when finalized. I have numerous EDA packages available, though some are dated.
3) I currently use Atmel AT29C040C-90TU and Macronix SST39SF040-70-4C-WHE flash memory for our products. I have some exposure to SRAM. If there are better options available, please let me know.
4) Our top 2 products, TwEECer Base and TwEECer RT, currently use only the flash memory and switch to the PCM's Internal ROM when the flash is being updated. The Atmel sector size is 256 bytes, which has worked very well over the years and currently is ONLY used with our TwEECer RT product. I now want to use a dual port SRAM or other memory, for the PCM to operate from, while a permanent flash type of storage is used to hold up to four full 4 bank calibrations. When the flash is updated, it should write the same changes to the SRAM. At power up (vehicle key on), SRAM should load the calibration currently selected by a BCD switch. The PCM first command is reset, which powers the relay for the fuel pump, to pressurize the fuel system. This may be the closest thing to concurrent operation of the device. As far as I can tell (and I am likely wrong), all other operations are independent and do not conflict.
5) The new features, compared to the current product, would be the addition of the SRAM (or other dual port memory) and the use of Analog inputs (at least 2 and up to 4) for external sensor inputs. Wide Band AFR controller/sensor input is the most common signal added and a 2-3 bar Map sensor is # 2. There are a couple of others that would be nice, but at least 2 inputs for these would be needed.
5 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $6916 for dette job
We are team of three people experienced in industrial electronics, embedded programming and instrumentation. we can do this job please contact us for more information.
Hi there, I will be honored to do this job for you and will provide you with Excellent services in all manners. Please feel free to talk regarding any queries. God Bless You! Many Thanks.