I have an application which is currently written as a cloud based app part of which is accessed via a web browser on a Psion WAP handheld computer. I want this converting into an app for a Psion WAP device running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3.
The problem I have with the current system is that it relies on the use of WiFi in order to function, when a WiFi or GPRS connection is not available it can not function. I therefore need to convert to software held on the device which will push and pull data from the main cloud application
The app will do the following:
1. When a connection to the internet is available, either by docking, WiFi or GPRS it will pull data from a database, this will comprise of a title, and locations with some simple meta data associated to each location. This will sync every hour as long as or as soon as a connection becomes available
2. The app will then use that data to allow the user to visit each location (giving them instructions and an order in which to visit each location) and conduct a scan or note an issue at that location
3. At each location, if a connection to the cloud is available the data will be sent straight to the master database as it is now, if the connection is not available it will store the recorded information and keep retrying every x minutes until the data is sent.
4. The application will also have an interface to add a location, this is a simple 3 form interface, where again this data will be sent straight to the main database if connection is available or stored and transmitted later when the connection becomes available.
5. A simple configuration screen will be required for the user to set their account details which will need authentication so it is proposed that this only be accessible when a connection is available. This configuration is a one off config, but we may allow the user to delete the config and reset it.
Information is currently inserted directly into a MySQL database, however, I will provide a method to insert data into the system, the format of that can be discussed, but we must verify that data has been transmitted and received by the master cloud application
This is the first of 4 applications I need converting into Apps in this way. I am a software developer myself, however, Windows Embedded is not my thing. This is a very simple app and as such I don't expect to have huge quotes for the work.
I will provide a detailed specification and access to the current cloud based app
4 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $721 på dette job
hi i have develop a similar application very similar to your requirement in windows mobile 6.5 to Motorola MC75 handheld device .I can provide you a accurate efficient [login to view URL] to discuss more with you ..