We are a small team that owns a portfolio of English language content oriented websites. We are looking for an experienced SEO/SEM & Web Marketing lead who will be responsible for organic search efforts, traffic acquisition, and community outreach.
- Stay up to date with search engine algorithms in order to maximize and adjust efforts to maintain relevancy to ensure a consistently high page rank and search position.
- Use social media practices across various networks (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Delicious, Twitter) in order to network and reach out to customers and users.
- Community engagement and out reach across external sites such as online forums, blogs, and vertical web properties.
- Build and maintain a network of advocates, experts, customers, and users.
- Conduct competitive analysis in order to monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Actively work on link building.
- 2+ years of SEO & Web Marketing experience
- Firm understanding of proper "white hat" SEO strategy.
- Solid English writing skills with an understanding of how to write content targeted at website users based on customer profiles.
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving SEO rankings.
- Knowledge of leveraging web analytics data in order to make informed tactical decisions.
- Some experience in email marketing.
- Familiarity with the concepts of online lead generation.
When applying for this position, please be sure to include the following:
- Samples of content writing
- Community engagement strategy examples
- Samples of posting comments/writing content for blogs & forums
- A 1-2 page case study of a site for which you had to increase community membership. Describe the the goals and the specific tactics you used to gain more members.
IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE WHAT WAS ASKED FOR ABOVE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE THROWN OUT!
This is a contract position. All work will be done remotely. Please only apply if you can send us samples of previous work. We will expect that some of your work is already online. We are looking to negotiate a monthly rate for a certain amount of set hours per month for the project duration which may be between 3-9 months.