We’re looking for someone to modify an existing PCB to include some changes. The freelancer will be expected to update the design, provide complete schematics, PCB CAD design and fabrication files, arrange for the circuit to be made and test the first PCB.
Schematics, OrCAD PCB Design, Bill of Materials and Gerber files related with the current state of the project will be supplied
PCB Function overview
The current PCB connects to a PC using a USB cable. The main functions of the current PCB, which are currently designed, are:
• Power supply of all the components.
• Piezoelectric actuators driver.
• Two Serial ports.
• Sensors conditioning and reading through external DAQ cards.
• Drive a resistive power heater.
• Configuration files storage.
• Servomotor driver.
Schematics, OrCAD PCB Design, Bill of Materials and Gerber files related with the current state of the project will be supplied.
In addition to the previous functions we will like to add to the new design:
• Additional connectors to collect unused DAQ Card I/O ports and power supplies.
• Replace current piezoelectric actuators drivers with a custom one.
• Replace resistor heater driver with a custom one.
Changes to be implemented
• Replace the off-the-shelf analogue voltage amplifiers with our own design. We will provide a schematic of an OpAmp circuit which we have already designed and tested successfully.
• Replace an OEM PID controller used to heat a resistive heater to a constant temperature with a custom designed circuit.
• Add an EEPROM memory for a Dual FTDI chip (a schematic will be provided)
• Maintain dimensions of the PCB below 250mm length, 130mm wide. The height of the PCB plus the components attached to it, plus the length of the spacers should be limited to 30mm. In order to fulfill this requirement it will be necessary to apply changes in the placement and election of circuits, components and connectors.
• Rearrange connections to DAQ Cards.
• Addition of some connectors gathering signals in the PCB.
• Rearrange and select power supplies in the PCB.
1. Design of the alternative PID controller for the resistive heater. Design of piezoelectric power supply and drivers (a solution will be suggested). Complete schematics of project. The schematics should be sent to us. Expected time for this milestone is 1 week. We will make a milestone payment at this stage.
2. Once the schematics are approved, the next step will be to complete the PCB design; provide a full set of Gerber, drill, placement and BOM files. Expected time for this milestone 1 week. We will make a milestone payment at this stage.
3. Once PCB and BOM are ready, the freelancer will arrange for the fabrication and population of the PCB. Costs will be covered by the previous payment.
4. In the final step, the freelancer is expected to test and guarantee the functionality of this PCB. Expected time for this milestone is 1 week from the reception of the PCB. Remaining fees paid to freelancer.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $652 for this job
I am very much interested in doing the project. I will do the designing it in kicad (free software). You can check my profile in case of clarifications.
i would be the best one to complete it in the way you need. i had experience in the PCB design for almost 3 years. i am a Masters graduate from UK university of LEEDS.
hi i am doing phd on circuit design. i design circuit which is then fabricated. after i design pcb for testing. i design everything considering noise of component, matching also.