My company buys and sells foodstuffs (bottles of sauce, frozen pork, fresh salmon, sake, etc). At the moment, I am using Quickbooks Online (QBO) to keep track of my inventory and handle the finances. I need a website so my customers (retail and restaurants) can order easily. They currently call or message to place orders.
I have about 400 SKU, 200 suppliers, 300 customers (restaurants), 2 salesmen and 2 warehouse locations.
- A Magento 2 e-commerce website listing all products offered in inventory with pictures
- The general public can create their own accounts.
- Create accounts for 300+ restaurants (userid, passwords, delivery address, etc)
- Magento to track inventory with the following fields
1) Item Code
3) Batch No.
5) UOM Rate
6) Item Group
7) Item Type
9) Costing Method
10) Smallest Bal. Qty
12) Total Cost
13) Average Cost Per Qty
14) Storage condition
15) Expiry date
- Items to be grouped into 6 categories (liquor, dry goods, canned food, frozen, seafood, sushi).
- Admin to be able to update inventory when supplies arrive.
- Admin to be able to transfer items from one warehouse to the next.
- Inventory to sync with Quickbooks Online.
- A search field for searching for products.
- Every account to have a purchase history that can be accessed.
- Every account to have a favourites list for quick re-ordering.
- Every account to have a wishlist.
- When customers place an order, they can choose delivery date. Soonest is next working day.
- To program in that orders under SGD100 have SGD20 delivery fee.
- Need to have different sale prices for the same items for different restaurants. The general public will all have the same sale price which is different from restaurant pricing. Salesmen to be able to update all prices as needed.
- General public must pay immediately using credit card.
- Restaurants will have 30 days to pay using cash, cheque or bank TT.
- Each account can specify different delivery addresses.
- Integrates with QBO so each order will be pushed to QBO.
- Every morning at 7:30am, print out all the orders for delivery that day so storemen can prepare orders.
- Email procurement if an item has 10 units or less.
- Email salesmen if an item is 3 months from expiry.
- Assign each restaurant to a salesman and at the end of each month, calculate the commission for each salesman from sales.
- Salesman can log in using restaurant credentials to make order on behalf of restaurant if needed.
- Special cases: Some items like salmon is sold by the fish. The fish are 5-6kg. They are only weighed on the day of delivery. If we price them at $30/kg for the public, when they log into the site, the price they see is $180 per fish. We will not display the price/kg. When restaurants log in, they see the price/kg assigned to them. For eg, $20/kg. If they put 1 fish in the shopping cart, they will not see the price as we do not know the exact weight yet. On the day of delivery, the fish is weighed, (e.g. 5.4kg) and the invoice issued for 5.4kg * $20 = $108. So, public can pay immediately as we will have the price. Restaurants only know the exact price on the day of delivery and have 30 days to pay.