In short, we need a simple script that will take the photos we take during the day, rename them, change their resolution and place them into their respective job folders. We do not want to "visually" sort the photos by job. Successful bidder will be Future scripts will be needed
In detail, 1. We are a small team of photographers who shoot homes for sale. Before a shoot, the photographer takes his list of houses and creates the most efficient route. His arrival time at the homes is noted in our program. For example, his route says he has 3 homes to shoot-
121212_123 Main St. at 10am
G88888_333 Smith St at 11am
nomls_555 South St. at 1pm.
The photographer exports this schedule and locations as a cvs type file. The # of locations to shoot will vary from 1-15+. The homes are identified by their "MLS#" and address. So, 123 Main st has an MLS# of 121212 and 555 South St. has no mls#. Your AUTOMATION would take this list and create 3 folders named 121212_123 Main St, G88888_333 Smith St and nomls_555 South St.
2. The photographer shoots the jobs in the order of his route. Occasionally one of his jobs may be cancelled or the time shifted when he is out shooting. If this occurs, he would make the changes in our program and export the new, updated route when he returns.
3. The photographer downloads all the photos from his memory card into a folder. Your AUTOMATION would acquire these files and place them into their respective folders. Assuming his route has not changed, the first set of files would be his first listing shot and so would be copied into the 121212_123 Main St folder. The second set of photos was his second listing shot so they would go into G88888_333 Smith St folder and so on. The number of files of each house will vary from 1-100+.
The files are all jpegs of the same type and resolution. The camera records the time of the photo so they are chronological but the time he spends at each house varies. We can change the file type or resolution for one photo at the start of each home if that is helpful.
[url removed, login to view] folders are the original, unaltered images and should be copied into another folder named "Originals" residing on another networked drive.
5. We use Adobe Lightroom 3 to edit and color correct these files. We edit, color correct, etc each house and export these files back into their folders in a sub folder named "Hi". Your AUTOMATION would then take the files with this sub folder, change the resolution and save them into another sub folder named "Lo"
6. In the end, the folder should have 2 sub folders named Hi and Lo. Your AUTOMATION would then delete the original, unaltered files from this folder only.
7. Your AUTOMATION will name all these files the same name of its Parent folder and the designation of their size.
The High Resolution files would be named "121212_123 Main St_Hi"
The Low Resolution files would be named "121212_123 Main St_Lo"